Wonders of the world
The word "wonder" is associated with something delightful and unusual. We all know the seven wonders of the Ancient world. But since the time of Great Pyramids people have built a lot of magnificent constructions that are as impressive as the ancient ones. All of them can be called wonders.
By the 20th century the mankind had received a great cultural heritage. To systematize and to draw attention to it people began to create the lists of new wonders. Now I am going to speak about these lists.
USA Today’s New Seven Wonders:
- Potala Palace — a chief residence of Dalai Lama in China.
- Old City of Jerusalem
- Polar ice cap
- Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument (Northwestern Hawaiian Islands Marine National Monument) — one of the largest marine conservation areas in the world. Its extensive coral reefs are called the rainforests of the sea.
- Internet — the location of this wonder is planet Earth.
- Mayan ruins in Yucatan
- Great Migration of Serengeti and Masai Mara — Nowhere in the world is there a movement of animals as immense as the wildebeest migration, over two million animals migrate from the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania to the greener pastures of the Maasai Mara National Reserve in Kenya during July through to October.
- Grand canyon — was chosen by viewers. This wonder, situated in Arizona, USA, also starts the list of seven natural wonders.
CNN’s Seven Natural Wonders:
- Grand Canyon
- Great Barrier Reef — an amazing underwater world of this place is what a lot of divers are attracted by.
- Harbor of Rio de Janeiro — this video was recorded by someone and was called "The super polluted beach".
- Mount Everest — view from the top of the mountain.
- Aurora — natural light display in polar regions.
- Paricutin volcano — a youngest volcano in Mexico, whose last eruption was in 1952.
- Victoria Falls — a great waterfall almost 2 km in width.
There are a lot of lists of wonders: seven wonders of certain countries: Russia, Poland, Canada, etc; seven wonders of the industrial world, seven wonders of the underwater world, the Solar system. BBC had launched the project "Around the World in 80 Treasures" which includes some Russian places of interests. Such amount of different lists of wonders says that there is so much beautiful things in the world.
Спасибо пользователям youtube, чьи видео использовались в создании клипа: